100WC-Cracking Eggs by Yoanna


It was evening and I was deep in the Black Caverns. Nobody would happen to stroll in there and catch me. Perfect.
Two beautiful eggs sat nestled together. Giant, speckled black and brown, with a fringe of gold. They were washed with flickering firelight from torches on the cave walls. These were no ordinary dragon eggs. They were Silver Moonback dragon eggs, so rare almost legendary.
To call this “illegal breeding” is harsh. I prefer “rescuing hatchlings from the corrupt government’s clutches.”
The government has no idea.
CRACK.
The eggs!
CRAAACK. I smiled. My name is Aran, the dragon keeper.
Words: FRINGE , EGGS, BLACK, WASHED, FLICKERING

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preppy Style

100WC-Week#20-Happy Birthday by Yoanna

My Silk Road History Report